We would like to assure you that The Kensington Clinic is open for all treatments, including routine and emergency appointments. We will also continue accepting new patients.
Due to the impact of Corona Virus and COVID19 our working practice and scheduling of appointments has been adapted to ensure maximum safety of our patients’, staff and practitioners with strict adherence to Government and Public Health England advice.
The Kensington Clinic stringently follows infection control recommendations made by the Department of health and social care – Health Technical Memorandum 01-05, as well as the Standard Operating Procedures created by us in line with the advice from our regulatory bodies.
Safety Measures Undertaken by The Kensington Clinic
At The Kensington Clinic the most important concern for us is the safety and comfort of our patients. On your previous visits, you would have noticed that infection control has always been our top priority. Due to the current circumstances, we have taken the opportunity of bringing in and installing additional measures to keep our team and patients’ safe whilst at The Kensington Clinic.
• We have invested in innovative technology for your well-being. We have installed clean air technology, Radic8 Virus killer air purifier, in our treatment room. This state-of-art technology purifies the air protecting our patients and staff from airborne viruses (including Corona Virus) and bacteria.
• We have traditionally been using electric micro motors for preparing teeth, reducing aerosol, a mist of air and water that may carry viruses and bacteria from the mouth.
• For your and our protection we have invested in the appropriate PPE Equipment. Social distancing measures have been applied in the reception and waiting area. We do apologise for the lack of reading material in the adapted waiting area, we have removed all such material to avoid contact spread of Corona Virus.
• We have performed full decontamination of our water lines in anticipation of opening on the 8th of June.
• We will be using 3D technology to take impressions where possible.
• We will continue offering same-day Cerec Sirona crowns to minimise patient’s visit to the practice.
• We have invested and trained our Practitioners in digital tools such as Virtual Consultations. This will enable consistent communication between our patients’, our team and the treating Practitioner.
• We continue to regularly check the health and taking temperature readings of our staff on a daily basis
Your Visit at The Kensington Clinic
These guidelines and protocols have changed the way we will be delivering care for our patients in a safe and professional manner. Your visit at The Kensington Clinic will be different to what you have been accustomed to. At all times we will make sure that your visit will be safe and comfortable.
• The scheduling of appointments will be such, as to ensure that the Practice and waiting areas are conducive to social distancing as prescribed by the government guidelines and to allow full decontamination of the treatment rooms between patient appointments.
• The scheduling of appointments will also take account of the most vulnerable in order to protect them and avoid contact with other patients’.
• We will contact you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again prior to starting any treatment.
• All relevant forms will be emailed or texted to you prior to your scheduled appointment. This means that you will not have to touch a pen, paper, or any electronic device other than your own when you attend your appointment. If it is necessary for you to use the Practice devices or pen and paper to complete forms, we will decontaminate them appropriately after each use.
• Please attend alone unless there are exceptional circumstances.
• Please arrive on time for your appointment as the waiting area is restricted to two chairs to comply with the governments guidance on social distancing. Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment.
• Our Cancellation policy is updated and to ensure we follow guidelines, we ask you to reschedule/cancel appointment no later than 72 hours prior to your appointment.
• Patients are advised that the Practice will operate by appointment only and NO walk-in patients’ will be allowed. For appointment booking our number is 0207 603 3008.
• Immediately on entering the Practice, you will find a dedicated hygiene station. Patients must use the hand sanitiser provided.
• Patients are also asked to arrive wearing a mask or a scarf covering the mouth and nose.
• We will also conduct a temperature check. Patients’ with high temperature will be immediately sent home with further advice.
• Patients’ are advised that no soft drinks, coffee, tea and water will be served to limit the risk of cross contamination.
• The use of the restroom facility will be by request.
• We also ask our patients’ to adhere to social distancing rules, except when full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn by the nurse and Practitioner.
• Patients’ will be asked to use an antimicrobial mouth rinse before we carry out any examination or treatment.
• Cash payments will no longer be accepted, we will be paperless where possible. We will request that all payments are settled by credit or debit card, preferably contactless, or use our virtual pay by link facility or BACS.
We encourage patients to use the NHS Test and Trace QR code which we would like all patients to use when they arrive at The Kensington Clinic.
Please download the NHS-COVID19 app to your smart phone before your appointment.
When you arrive at the clinic please scan the QR code which will be at the entrance.
Please be assured that our treatment areas and all other common areas will be decontaminated appropriately before and after your appointment.
The Kensington Clinic has been and will always be at the forefront of providing excellent patient care. Although your dental visit will be different, the quality of our work and our outstanding professional team will be the same. We look forward to continue helping our patients achieve a healthier and happier smile!
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY AND PATIENTS. NO FEES’ INCREASE.
Various media outlets have published that many dental practices are charging additional PPE fees of approx £25, others are increasing their treatments’ fees. The Kensington Clinic has invested heavily in state-of-the-art air purifying systems like Radic8 as well as full PPE Equipment and other safety measures. However, we would like to let all of our patients know that The Kensington Clinic will not increase our fees and we will not charge patients an additional PPE fee for the foreseeable future. The unprecedented times are challenging for everyone and we would like to keep being loyal to our patients and help them with their dental health.
To make an appointment, please call the practice: 0207 603 3008 or visit our website: www.thekensingtonclinic.co.uk. If you have any further questions about these measures, or anything else prior to your appointment, please contact us.
We thank you for being our patient, for your understanding, and for your support!
The Kensington Clinic