Dr Sulaman Anwar
GDC No. 211271
Accreditation: BDS(King’s College London), Membership Faculty of Dental Surgeons (MFDS) Royal College (Edinburgh), RCSEd DipD(Sed), MClinDent(Perio), MPerio RCSEd
Sulaman is a registered Specialist Periodontist and holds a special interest in sedation and management of anxious patients. His work as a specialty registrar in the department of Periodontics and Implant Surgery at Guy’s Hospital culminated in him obtaining a Masters Degree in Periodontology at King’s College London and after a rigorous examination process he successfully obtained specialist membership with the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. Sulaman qualified as a dental surgeon from King’s College London (Guy’s, King’s & St Thomas Hospitals) in 2011. His pursuit to continually develop his expertise in dentistry and more specifically surgery led him to become a Senior House Officer in oral surgery and oral medicine. Sulaman took on the prestigious role of in-house dentist at the University of Cambridge.
Sulaman obtained his Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons at the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2013. He has been an active member of the College and in summer 2019 was elected as Dental Ambassador for the college representing the London region. In 2013, Sulaman went on to complete a diploma in Sedation at Guy’s Hospital to further aid his management of anxious patients. He then undertook the four year full-time specialist training programme in Periodontology and Implant surgery at King’s College London, obtaining a dual qualification in both the Masters of Clinical Dentistry in Periodontology and Masters of Periodontology and Restorative Dentistry in 2018.
As a periodontist Sulaman carries out non-surgical periodontal treatment, placement of dental implants, and offers various types of periodontal surgery including explorative periodontal surgery, regenerative surgery, root coverage treatments to correct single or multiple recession defects, functional and cosmetic gum contouring. He is a fully specialist registered member of the British Dental Association, European Federation of Periodontology, British Society of Periodontology, American Academy of Periodontology, International Academy of Periodontology and the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh. Sulaman sits on the interview panel for the dental undergraduate programme at King’s College London. Looking to help others, Sulaman has undertaken various voluntary roles including a placement with the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia and is involved in rolling out an oral health promotion campaign targeted at young school children.
• Non-surgical Periodontal Therapy – Root surface debridement under local anaesthetic.
• Supportive Periodontal Therapy – A maintenance programme tailored to the patient’s individual risk assessment and requirements.
• Periodontal Surgery – Including explorative periodontal surgery, open flap debridement, pocket reduction surgery, regenerative periodontal surgery, root resections etc.
• Root Coverage/Soft Tissue Grafts – Including various surgical treatments to correct single or multiple recession defects.
• Frenectomy – Labial or lingual frenectomy.
• Crown Lengthening – Functional or aesthetic, single or multiple teeth.
• Dental Implant Placement
Other treatments offered:
1. Waterlase® for the treatment of periodontitis and peri-implantitis.
2. Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique- One of the very few periodontist in the UK to offer this treatment.